Raw food restaurant and juice bar that's vegan, gluten-free, and does not use processed ingredients. Free Wi-Fi. Also an outlet at 6560 Metral Dr. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, All Raw, Western, American, Juice bar, Take-out
200 Commercial St (downtown)
Nanaimo, British Columbia V9R 5G7

JenVeg14
JenVeg14

Amazing!

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2015

Amazing restaurant. Even though I'm vegan, I've never stopped at a raw food place, thinking it couldn't be very good. Healthy, sure, but probably not tasty. Power House has changed my perspective on Raw food completely and I'm so sad I was just traveling through so won't be able to eat there again. I ate an early dinner, and came back the next morning for an amazing smoothie. I had a hard time deciding, but settled on the falafel wrap. It's beyond my comprehension how you can make a wrap taste good with no flour type ingredient and the fact that it's raw. And same with the falafel... it's not cooked? Amazing flavor. The macadamia nut hummus was incredible too. Also, if you're lucky enough to be there when the owner Toni is there, be sure to say hello. Her love for raw food is infectious. But if you miss her, the staff also seem really passionate about their menu. And the desserts are fantastic too. So many delicious vegan, raw choices, was hard to choose. I picked the strawberry shortcake and Nanaimo bar, and shared them with my vegetarian and omnivore hosts, and they both loved them.

Pros: Amazing food, Incredible variety of vegan, raw food, Delicious desserts!
Cons: Close early (6pm)
AdieSf
AdieSf

healthy, organic, good food

Posted on 05 / 02 / 2015

The wrap was good. Best Tiramisu I've ever had.

Haylzzz
Haylzzz

Delish

Posted on 02 / 09 / 2015

I was not expecting raw pizza to actually taste good. I'm not a raw eater but their food is excellent.

Pros: Delicious, Vegan, Super Filling
Cons: A Little Pricey

RobM
RobM

Best Falafel on the Planet!

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

Raw foodies: Here is your samadhi/mecca/bardo! The totally raw food falafel wrap was exquisite and well-priced. Other wraps, juices, and the thai raw noodle salad were perfection!
Both sites in Nanaimo get crowded but staff and customers are likeable and, sometimes, show great enthusiasm for the fare.
Do save room for the Nanaimo Bar!
Giving both sites in Nanaimo 5(+) happy cows.

Pros: Food taste/quality/presentation, Prices, Tiny space--gotta love your neighbor
Cons: Blenders/juicers are loud, Tend to run low/out of items, Tiny space--gotta love your neighbor
AndreaRaeAlvarsson
AndreaRaeAlvarsson

Fresh and tasty

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

I've only eaten here once, but I will go back any chance I can get! I had the lasagna and caesar salad, which I had doubts would be good raw, but it was delicious! The cashew cream was so tasty!! I also had a taste of my mother's Pad Thai dish and it was very good too. The smoothies are also really good. It's a bit pricey, but the food is good quality and presented beautifully.

Pros: Delicious and fresh, raw and healthy
Cons: A bit pricey
Chenley
Chenley

Fresh, Fresh, Fresh!

Posted on 03 / 31 / 2014

Love the principles of this place.
Amazing smoothies, food and RAW goodies. Their cheesecakes and pies are drool worthy.
Food presentation is stunning.
Happy Cow is lying on the inexpensive part however. Ranges high on my scale. I understand Vegan, and especially Raw food prices are high but some places have made it slightly more affordable. PowerHouse has not, but the food is great and the quality pristine so worth it IMO
Didn't get a 5 star from me just because it is more a juice bar with limited menu.

Pros: crazy fresh, Raw, beautiful location
Cons: expensive, limited food menu
cilantro
cilantro

Delicious, but expensive

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

The food is great and so is the location if you're in or passing through downtown. I love the burger, but my favourite is definitely the pizza. It does not seem like a lot of food, but it is very filling. The cashew cheese on the pizza is out of this world amazing. The only downside is the price, which is not unlike other raw food eateries. A regular smoothie and an entree dish will set you back around 25 bucks.

Pros: Food, Friendly Staff
Cons: Cost, Wait Times
thevegankelly
thevegankelly

Our favourite place to eat in Nanaimo!

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2013

We live in Duncan, but we love Power House Living Foods so much that we have no problem driving 45 minutes just to eat there. I've had the pad thai salad and the lasagna with caesar salad and both were delicious and well presented. As far as dessert goes I've only tried the hazelnut cream pie, but that's because it's so good that I can't bring myself to order something different. For our baby we ordered the gazpacho, and it was so good that I ended up eating half of it for her.

Pros: Delicious food, Good Atmosphere, Great service
Cons: Not kid friendly
Profound_Raincloud
Profound_Raincloud

Honeymoon on the Island - Nanaimo

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2013

I'm in Nanaimo for my Honeymoon! I stopped into Power House Living Foods for lunch today and as usual scrutinized the menu for nightshade free fare. Then asked the dreaded question which of these items have no nightshades or can be made nightshade free! I was told, yes of course we can do nightshade free :) and recommended to try the Sweet Onion Veggie Wrap and the Power House Salad.

Both were amazing! The wrap itself was made of sweet onions! It was filled with fresh veggies and a cashew sauce. The power house salad was also delicious, the dressing was quite tasty! Everything was very fresh!

Service was good! We didn't have to wait along time for our food and the waitress brought us ice water with fresh cut oranges, which was a nice touch.

The hubster had never tried kale chips, they allowed us to sample the two different kinds they had. We bought bag to munch on for the rest of the trip. Best kale chips I have ever had!

Tomorrow I am going back for the raw Nanaimo bar and I can't wait!

Pros: Very Fresh, Friendly Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Power House Living Foods: