Vegan restaurant that has some gluten free options. Try the roti and curried channa, the mushroom and cashew nut wellington with a creamy spinach sauce and the pumpkin and black eye bean pie. Serves non-alcoholic drinks only; try the spicy mango lassi or the mojitos. In-house-made cakes, tarts and more. Relaxed stylish ambiance. Free Wi-fi. They also offer cookery classes and life-style workshops. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, International, Bakery, Take-out, Caribbean
5 Station Rise, Tulse Hill (Norwood Road)
South East London, England SE27 9BW
020-8678-0569

Tue-Thu 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sun 5:30pm-10:00pm, 12:30pm-2:30pm

First Review by Reeantonia
LilacHippy
LilacHippy

GREAT!

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2015

There are not many veggie places to eat in South London, so Greenz is a wonderful find. Although it is not central, it is very easy to find as it is just a few steps away from the train station (which is Tulse Hill.) It is small and cozy, and the lady running the place seems to do everything herself, from the serving to the cooking, but provides a wonderful service and I like the fact that the kitchen is right there to be seen in front of you. Everything is vegan, and you will not be short of choices. Be sure to try one of the amazing desserts too. I can't wait to go to this place again.

Pros: Everything vegan, Lovely service, Great tasting food
DamienWS
DamienWS

Delicious food and friendly service

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2015

I popped in by myself and felt very welcomed. Went for the Pumpkin & Black Eyed Bean Pie followed by the Carrob Cake and a Mango Lassi. Couldn't fault any of it. Will definitely go back with girlfriend.

rockcita
rockcita

comfy cafe with great food

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2015

Greenz is small (seats 12), simply but nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. It offers 6 appetizers, 7 entrees, several sides, many hot and cold drinks and 8 desserts. Everything spouse and I had was tasty and well presented. The portions are of average size and prices are fair. The owner is very welcoming and has put her heart into Greenz, and it shows! It has an open kitchen, and since we were there at an off time, she chatted with us as she prepared our food. There are separate ladies and men's rooms which are clean and well stocked. The restaurant is quite simple to find as it's just a stone's throw down a side street from the #68 bus line in the south part of London.

Pros: great food, fair prices, friendly owner

Miggi
Miggi

Fab, friendly, vegan!

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2014

We had a lovely meal at this friendly vegan place. There was lots of choice on the menu, many dishes with a Caribbean heritage.
The drinks are fresh-tasting and refreshing - we tried a mojito and a ginger drink, both full of flavour.
The Channa Roti was great: chick pea and potato curry wrapped in a caribbean roti bread with salad and vegan coleslaw. The beanburger was good, home-made and full of beans, served with wedges and salad. We had corn fritters on the side as well, which were very tasty.
My favourites were the roti and ginger drink - as good as any we've had in the Caribbean!
Several of the desserts and cakes are sugar-free or low sugar. We tried bakewell tart and walnut and courgette cake. Both were good though the bakewell was our favourite.
The whole meal was made even better by the quality of the setting and friendliness of the service.
We'll definitely be back next time we are in the neighbourhood!

Pros: All vegan, Friendly, relaxed place, Caribbean Roti
Tiggy
Tiggy

A full dining experience

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

Coming to Greenz was one of my most pleasant dining experiences in London. We arrived at this out-of-the-way little restaurant and were greeted by the friendly owner, who engaged and chatted with us throughout the time we were there, giving the place a warmer, more personal feel. The menu has some interesting items and some of these have creative flourishes. I ordered the lassi which is spiced with ginger (and perhaps other things). This is interesting and I enjoyed it at first but it may not be everybody's cup of tea. Food-wise we started with the corn fritters For a main I ordered the Cashew Nut and Mushroom Wellington, excited at the prospect of puff pastry. This was delicious, although it was accompanied by both a spinach sauce and steamed spinach, which might be a bit much greenery if you're not Popeye. My partner ordered the burger (with bap) which I sampled and it seemed nice enough and my partner agreed with this. The accompanying coleslaw had a slightly pasty texture though and left something to be desired. For dessert we shared the lemon and poppseed cake and a bowl of ice cream which were both a treat. Small issues aside, I would make this a regular choice for eating out.

Pros: Friendly, engaging owner, Some distinctive menu items
Cons: Too much spinach with the Wellington
Deano
Deano

Brill

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2013

This is such a lovely place. The food is very good and so is the atmosphere. Among the highlights were the corn fritters, the mushroom wellington and the bean burger. It became quite busy while we were there but the waitress/chef was super friendly, attentive and helpful throughout the evening.

Pros: everything is really good, all vegan, 5 seconds from the train station
Robin-Mimboo
Robin-Mimboo

A vegan restaurant with a difference

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2012

Greenz is the restaurant with a difference. Not only does it provide wholesome vegan meals and sweet dishes, but it also promotes health by abstaining from alcohol and caffeine. The dishes are delicious, the prices are reasonable and it is both comfortable and friendly. There is a wide variety of cooked meals and salads, and for dessert why not try cake with ice cream? I recommend Greenz to vegans and non-vegans alike.

Pros: Delicious food, Healthy, Friendly atmoshere
DeniseChaplin
DeniseChaplin

Yummy!

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

What a great place to take a non-veggie! If anywhere will convert someone to the joys of a vegan/ veggie eating experience it is Greenz! The varied and tasty menu offers something for everyone's palate and the fresh ingredients and attractive presentation feed the eye as well as the stomach! Great value for money and a wonderful eating experience!

Pros: wonderful menu, healthy cuisine, great chef!
strictlybiz21
strictlybiz21

The food at Greenz is ON POINT!!

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2012

The food at Greenz is amazing. Who would of thought that vegan food could taste sooo good!? I would definitely recommend that you visit this restaurant, you will be pleasantly surprised...especially if you love our meat! They do takeaway as well which can come in handy. Lovely atmosphere, top notch service and they even have pieces of art on the wall which you can purchase!

yardieviews
yardieviews

No more "what's in this?"

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2012

Greenz is a great place to dine, the atmosphere is very relaxed and the chef/owner is super friendly. The open kitchen makes you feel like being at a friend's house. Its really nice to see your food being freshly prepared right in front of you.
The flavours are lovely and delicately balanced and its such a relief not to have to ask "what's in this?" Its not always easy to eat out as a vegan and Greenz is a welcome relief from having to scrutinize every ingredient on the menu. I have also dined at Greenz with meat eating friends and they have all enjoyed the food immensely. I'd recommend it to everyone.

Pros: Delicately seasoned food, Warm, friendly atmosphere, great portion sizes
Reeantonia
Reeantonia
  • non-vegetarian

From a lady who loves her meat!

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

From the moment you enter Greenz you instantly feel at home - this restaurant is clean with a lovely warm feeling. Everything about Greenz is unique, from the artwork to the service - this is so refreshing and makes a nice change from the chain restaurants that are filling our high streets. The food here is tasty which coming from a meat eater I thought was hard to achieve. I was blown away from the first course where I enjoyed 'Greenz' Spicy Corn Fritters and mango chutney - absolutely delicious! For main I have tried both the Mushroom Wellington and the Pumpkin and Black Eye Bean Pie - I simply couldn't pick between them. My Partner's favourite was the carrot cake for dessert whilst I enjoyed the Bakewell Tart (mouthwatering) and was a little sad when it was finished! With each course you really get a sense that a lot of care and attention is given to each dish - not only does it taste good but it looks inviting too. We will be back to sample some of the dishes not yet tried. No meat required :-)

Pros: Clean, Tasty, friendly staff
Cons: Small Portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Greenz: